Thursday, May 17, 2007

Preventing Buyers' Remorse

I find this hard to believe: Apparently, the government of ROK wants to check the validity of all keyword ads to be placed on the Korean side of the tubenet. Specific search engines are not mentioned in the article by the Korea Times, but surely Goooooogle must be one. I'm all for checking the pr0n-free-ness and violence-free-ness of publicly placed advertisements, but I somehow doubt that anyone wants to do this, especially a for-profit company.

The government says that it wants to make the portals themselves responsible for checking the 18,500 ads per month that would be covered by the regulation. The Korea Internet Safety Commission would take part in the process, though their function is not specified and no methods for the process have yet been revealed.

Personally, I enjoy trying to shoot ducks at the top of my screen to get that free iPod.

From the Korea Times

No comments: