Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Original, American Style Taste!

Happy American Independence Day! In honor of telling those Brits to bugger off, I did American things today. And yes, that does mean I ate at McDonalds. I had the Big Mac set, pictured below. In Korea, McDonalds does lunch specials! A Big Mac meal is only $2.95. Getting fat is cheap! Notice the Shrek the Third advertising on the cup. The people behind the counter were wearing Shrek ears, but unfortunately, would not let me take a picture.


All this being American was making me very tired, so I decided to do something else American: I went to Starbucks. For only $3.55, I got a grande coffee in this charming cup. The Hangul on the cup informs those using the cup that it is for store use only. I have one in my cupboard, so apparently they were wrong.


The worst thing about the 4th was that I had to go to work. I was very tired and so needed one more treat and, since I was going with the American theme, decided that I needed something with original, American style taste. And I got it, and you can see it below. Check out that marketing slogan on the top! Genius!

I finished off my day with a few too many Budweisers and some tequila. We had our own little fireworks show in the park and nobody lost any critical body parts. No BBQ, but close enough. Now I don't have to be American again for several months.

No comments: